Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Assignment #1

Hello all! I am Ernan Alfaro but I like to be called Ernie because nobody pronounces my name right. I was born and raised in Oakland California. Living in Oakland hasn’t been easy but it’s gotten me where I’m at now. I chose a topic that best interest me but, I will most likely change my topic about 5 times before I finally decide which topic to do my research paper. For now, I am going to research immigration in the bay area in the past and present. I think I will focus on the affects of immigration in the past and present along with who, what, where did immigrants come from. This topic matters to me because I am Hispanic and my mother was an immigrant. I think immigration affects everyone because they come to the United States for a better life. They come to work and support their families back home. This is exactly what my mom did when she arrived here 30 years ago. Luckily my mom was given a job as soon as she arrived to the U.S. The research will give you a lot of points but my main objective is to give you an idea of how immigration was in the past and how it is today. Everyone has their own opinions I want your opinion to agree with my research. Anyways I hope to learn from all of your topics and I look forward to seeing everyone’s blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment