Pages

Friday, April 2, 2010

Playoff Game Story

I coach a High School basketball team at Oakland Emiliano Zapata Street Academy. We made the playoffs for the first time in our school history. In a playoff game if we lose once we are done for the season. So the other team we played tonight was EBAYC. Their coach is a real dusch (I don't know if I spelled that right), keep that in mind though. The EBAYC coach waits until we start warming up to complain about one of my players that is 19 years old. We call him "T" and he is currently in a continuation school. Since T didn't have his school I.D they didn't let him play. We ended up losing by 8 points but if T would've played we would have won the game because he averages about 17 points per game and dunks like Lebron James. Moral of this story is the EBAYC coach cared more about winning then having my players to be off the streets. I'd rather have T in practice then at the corner selling drugs but the EBAYC coach doesn't see it that way. Good thing is that the EBAYC coach is being let go at the end of the season. He also treats his players like crap too so the board recognized that and decided to let him go. I just feel bad for my T and the rest of my players, but hey theres always next season.

No comments:

Post a Comment